Thursday, July 12, 2012

Breathe

When I started this blog, my goal was to post something here each week at least. Didn't quite work out, sorry about that.

We are dealing with an illness in my family, one that is stealing away a loved one's ability to breathe. We're getting through as best as possible, I suppose. Holding onto hope.

Such a simple thing, isn't it -- to take a breath. If your lungs work as they should, don't take it for granted. If they work at all, don't take it for granted. I enjoy the simple act of running up and down the stairs these days. Because I can, maybe not as well as others and I'm huffing and puffing at the top, but hey, I'm still able to do it.

Just breathe.

Some have to fight to do that very needed act for every second of life they grasp. Those with asthma understand, those with emphysema, lung disease, infection. The inflictions that can affect our lungs are mind boggling.

Today, as the air brushes around the tree leaves and birds whistle and trill in the quiet of my backyard, I take a deep breath, glad for my antihistamines, and hoping for my loved one to do the same soon. Somehow, someway. To not be trapped in the battle to just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment